Frequently Asked Questions
Manuscript Submissions and Formats
Which formats do you accept for manuscript submissions?
We prefer Microsoft Word but will accept PDFs or other text editor program files. Physical manuscripts can be mailed to us. If your manuscript is in a different format, just let us know – chances are we can work with it.
How do I tell you where to place the images in my book?
Your Publication Coordinator will walk through the process with you to ensure they are placed where you want.
My manuscript is in multiple files. How do I merge them into one file?
You can copy and paste the documents into one file if they are short. If they are long, you can merge them.
Here’s how to merge documents in Microsoft Word:
- Open the first document in your manuscript.
- At the end of the document, place the text cursor.
- In the top ribbon, go to the “Insert” tab.
4. Select “Object,” and then select “Text from File” from the drop-down menu.
5. Select the files you want to merge into the current document. Note: Documents will be merged in the order they appear in the file list. To use a different order, insert each file individually.
Do I need to double-space my book?
We do not require double spacing as some publishers do.
My manuscript isn’t in an electronic format. Will Page Publishing transcribe it?
Yes, we do provide transcription services. If your manuscript is approved, your Literary Development Agent can work with you to find a solution.
My manuscript is formatted. Why do you need to do extra formatting?
Printers have specific layout requirements and sometimes need extra space depending on the binding. We use layout software to meet those requirements to ensure your published book looks the way you expect.